Sounds For Our Thriller

Sounds for our thriller

In our thriller we need to use a variety of different sounds and effects including gunshots, walking and running sounds, the sound of a glass of beer being poured and lots more. on this page, I will be showing the kind of sound effects we will be using in our thriller.

Sound is extremely important for any genre, although most important for the thriller genre as music is one of the key ways to create suspense.

Before showing the sounds I am considering using in our thriller, here is a video explaining the importance of sound in movies.

Sounds are extremely important for a thriller.  Here are some key points.

  • Builds tension.
  • Creates atmosphere.
  • Sound also increases tension, especially when there are jump scares.
  • Sound also cues audiences.

Here are some examples of sound that I will be considering and most likely using in my thriller opening.

 

(click the third section for the music I am considering)

I am also doing research into different techniques for sound and this technique has really inspired me and I really am interested in doing this technique for our final piece. this technique has inspired me to create my own sound effects using a microphone in a quiet room with different objects to achieve the desired sound.














Comments

Popular Posts