Costumes

Costumes Mise En Scene

  • Create Suspense
  • They give characters an identity 
  • They set the scene and the mood
  • They enhance the plot

Below I will be showing costumes that I think make thrillers and that I will most likely be included in my final piece due to the significance they have on the audience.

Costumes are highly important as they 

Firstly, I have a suit. A suit is a great costume as this costume shows wealth and authority within the character.

A suit shows that the character has a role of hierarchy and can create suspense and mystery within a thriller.


Secondly, we have a cape. Although I most likely will not be doing a superhero-type movie for my opening, a cape brings the aspect of hierarchy and authority. this is because a cape is associated with superheroes who save civilians and make the world a better place. they are usually looked up to and therefore using a cape within a piece would bring the thriller codes and conventions to life.


Matching costumes like the costumes shown on the left are great costumes to include in a movie. these costumes are very eerie and definitely succeed in creating tension and suspense within a movie. these costumes show an almost cult-like group or army, very mysterious and horrifying.


Comments

Popular Posts